How to Setup and Use Gmail on Apple Watch
Apple Watches are currently the best and most advanced smartwatches on the market. When paired with an iPhone, the Apple Watch’s capabilities are limitless; you can even use Apple Pay to make a payment. One of the best features of the Apple Watch is that it will show you all of your iPhone app alerts even if the app isn’t loaded on the Apple Watch. Even iPhone users will have iCloud mail for personal usage and Gmail or Outlook for professional use. On the Apple Watch, Apple Mail is a built-in app, but other mail providers are not. This article will help you in using Gmail on your Apple Watch.
How to Use Gmail on Apple Watch?
- You must have the Gmail app installed on your iPhone in order to use Gmail on Apple Watch. Make sure your Gmail account is up and running.
- On your iPhone paired with your Apple Watch, open the My Watch app.
- Select Notifications from the fall menu.
- You’ll see a list of all the apps you have loaded on your iPhone. Gmail is the app to use.
- Toggle the Allow Notifications switch on.
- Now, whenever you receive an email in your Gmail app, a notice will appear on your watch’s face.
- You can’t view or reply to emails from your Apple Watch since the application isn’t available.
WristMail for Gmail on Apple Watch
You can use the Gmail app on Apple Watch if you really need to, but it’s not an official way, and we don’t suggest it. WristMail for Gmail is free software available on the App Store. It is a $1.99 paid application.
You must first download an app and log in using your Gmail account. You may read and respond to emails on your Apple Watch using this app. However, the app’s creator and the app it are not standard. Using third-party apps for sensitive information, such as Gmail, exposes you to privacy risks. You are entirely responsible for installing WristMail for Gmail.
If you don’t like Gmail, there are plenty of other ways to get your mail on your Apple Watch. Apps for Apple Watch include Airmail, Canary Mail, Spark Mail, and Zoho Mail.