How to Fix Apple TV Not Working on Roku
Apple TV is a standalone streaming platform from Apple that allows you to rent or buy movies and TV shows. You can also watch original content by subscribing to Apple TV Plus. The app is compatible with streaming devices such as Firestick, Roku, Google TV, and Smart TVs. The Apple TV app on Roku may occasionally fail to function properly for a variety of reasons. Whatever the cause, the problem can be resolved with simple troubleshooting techniques. Here are a few solutions you can try to resolve the Apple TV app not working on Roku issue.
How to Fix Apple TV Not Working on Roku TV
- Examine your Internet connection
- Restart your Roku device.
- Remove and reinstall the Apple TV app.
- Roku cache should be cleared.
- Sign out of the wrong Apple ID
- Update WiFi router reset
- Reset Roku OS Roku
Check Internet Connection
The first thing you should look for is an internet connection. To stream media content, the Apple TV app requires a constant internet connection. If your internet connection is slow or unreliable, the application will struggle to load the content. As a result, ensure that your internet connection is stable and functional. Bring your router closer to the Roku device, or disconnect any other devices that are connected to the same network.
Reset WiFi Router
When you receive the error, the next step is to try refreshing your WiFi router. It will refresh your internet connection so that you can easily connect the device to the network.
- Remove the router for a few moments.
- After a few minutes, reconnect it.
- Attempt to reconnect the Roku device to the network now. If the error persists, try different methods.
Restart Your Roku Device
The restart will clear all temporary glitches on Roku devices, including the Apple TV app issue. Go to Settings System System restart Restart to restart your Roku device.
Uninstall and Reinstall the Apple TV App
If the Apple TV app on Roku has a problem, you can easily resolve it by reinstalling the app from the Roku Channel Store.
- On your Roku remote, press the home button.
- On the remote, navigate to the Apple TV app and press the (*) button.
- Confirm your action by tapping the Remove channel.
Reboot your Roku device before reinstalling the Apple TV app.
Clear Cache on Roku
Clearing the cache is the next possible solution to Apple TV not working on Roku.
- To access the Roku home screen, press the home button.
- Now, in the following order, press the following keys.
- 5 times on the home button
- The Up button
- Rewind button – twice
- 2 times fast forward
Sign out of Incorrect Apple ID
Users may have more than one Apple ID at times. If this is the case, they may have used the incorrect ID to sign in to your Apple TV app. Signing in with the correct Apple ID will thus assist them in resolving the issue.
- On your Roku remote, press the Home button.
- Look for and launch Apple TV.
- Select Accounts from the Settings menu.
- Click the Sign Out button.
- After a few seconds, close the Apple TV app and relaunch it.
- Now, follow the on-screen prompts to sign in with the correct Apple ID.